Monday, October 17, 2011

Mermaid Costume

I had a dream about being a mermaid the other night. Sounds like a lovely idea for Halloween, right? Well when I google mermaid, I saw some creative ideas for Ariel, my favorite Disney Princess. I wanted to avoid the cliche. Also, I hate all those cheesy mermaid costume. I decided that I shall find my inspiration via, polyvore. I felt so drawn to this idea of wearing blues and greens. I imagine, draping myself in seashells and sheer fabrics. I might not sew anything but I'm going to find some body paint and glitter to add more dimension. It should be a fun night.
Mermaid Costume


Mavise ankle length skirt
$192 - reissonline.com

Yves Saint Laurent platform sandals
$1,095 - cultstatus.com.au

Mimco chain jewelry
$54 - asos.com

Emanuele Bicocchi jewel necklace
€390 - luisaviaroma.com

Stud earrings
$25 - select2gether.com

Fantasy Waves Blonde Blue Streak Mermaid Wig Costume Accessory
$18 - costumekingdom.com



Also what are you ideas for Halloween this year? Any suggestions?  Thanks again to all those lovely readers.

11 comments:

  1. I love the items you've selected for this marmaid costume, I like you style!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you're ideas of what to wear and what you should look like as a mermaid is really amazing! an sure you'll look stunning by that time.. enjoyed your blog! following you now...hope you could visit my blog too...kissess!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. first off, thanks for your comment ^_^

    i absolutely LOVE this costume idea! totally re-wearable things (even the wig) ahah.

    i can't wait to show my readers my halloween costume!

    Linconnuedeindochine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to dress up as a mermaid now...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace is really cute, I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I've never thought of being a mermaid.

    x. jill
    those ghosts

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm kind of cool. I like cupcakes and all things french. If you do, we'll get along great.