Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I debated with myself about posting this. But since I already posted this on my Chictopia account, I thought I share my slighty long post about Omaha. I was inspired by the Chic in the City contest, I rarely enter these things but I actually like this one. I've been exploring my own city now, I found lots of places, I never thought I could buy things from.


This is my entry for the city in the city contest. I currently live in Omaha, Nebraska. Where high quality fashion is definitely hard to find. I become fascinated with this store called 1/2 for 1/2. It’s located in the midtown area of Omaha. From the outside it looks like any goodwill or Salvation Army. But hidden in the racks full of torn sweaters and button downs with missing buttons, was this incredible find. A Marc by Marc Jacobs blazer, that was never worn; it still had the original price tagged! The store is loaded with plenty of items by designers. You have to dig through racks an look carefully at every item due to that fact the the store buys items from department stores that have been worn and return or damaged.

Also I would recommend checking out Scout: Dry Goods and Trade. It’s Omaha’s version of Buffalo Exchange. I found a few items that are sold by local artists and they always have a great selection of clothes. Unlike most places that sell vintage, it’s never overpriced. Check out their etsy shop.

Please check out the Dundee neighborhood, when you go visit. The houses are beautiful and you could have coffee at Blue Line Cafe or eat some yummy food at Dario’s, the Dundee Dell or Amsterdam. All the people that work there will treat you well. Oh and you might see Warren Buffet.


If you read this whole thing, you deserve a prize or something.

I hope everyone is having great week.

Thanks so much for your comments, I'm trying my best to visit and respond to those. My computer seems to not be showing all my comments. It's very weird..


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love shopping in places like that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i wish i could find a good vintage store at my town, but no clue of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great place to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sounds fab!

    Missy
    Enter my Hana flat iron giveaway:
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm kind of cool. I like cupcakes and all things french. If you do, we'll get along great.